Why embrace Vegetarianism – explained like never before…
I (have) always come across people eating non vegetarian food. Hence, I am tempted to write a post on why we need to quit eating meat and take up vegetarianism eagerly.
Some quick questions:
- Why should we become vegetarian?
- Are humans meant to eat meat?
- Animals kill other animals for food, but why shouldn’t we?
- Can vegetarian food ensure a balanced diet for good health?
- Does vegetarianism solve the world hunger?
- Why going meatless saves the planet?
Are you excited to know perfect answers for these burning questions?
I will take you through the presentation which is presented more logically and scientifically, even taking few references from scriptures; thus making things very clear. Before running through all the slides below, let’s have a glimpse of what all is there in this presentation.
Bird’s Eye View:
1) Comparative anatomy of Carnivore, Herbivore and Humans.
2) Health & Nutrition
3) Famous Vegetarians
4) Health Reasons
5) World Hunger
7) Karmic Consequences
8) Quotes from some World Famous Personalities
These slides contain many pictures, not much text to read. Many facts and figures are in it so it’s going to be very interesting and eye-opening…
In a nutshell:
1) The “Study of the Comparative Anatomy of Eating” makes it crystal clear that we are designed to be Herbivores. Take for example: Carnivores have short intestinal tracts and colons that allow meat to pass through the animal relatively quickly, before it can rot and cause illness. Humans’ intestinal tracts are much longer than those of carnivores of comparable size. Longer intestines allow the body more time to break down fiber and absorb the nutrients from plant-based foods, but they make it dangerous for humans to eat meat. The bacteria in meat have extra time to multiply during the long trip through the digestive system, increasing the risk of food poisoning. Meat actually begins to rot while it makes its way through human intestines, which increases the risk of colon cancer.
2) Meat protein contains too much of uric acid and is the the worst quality of protein. Vegetables and dairy products are an excellent source of protein which can keep us strong and healthy. Thus the notion that vegetarianism will cause malnutrition is a misconception.
3) Famous Vegetarians – Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Mahatma Gandhi, Socrates, Plato, Greg Chappell, Larry Bird just to name a few.
4) Non vegetarians are more prone to Cancer and diseases related to Heart.
5) “If everyone adopted a vegetarian diet, current food production would theoretically feed 10 billion people, more than the projected population for the year 2050.” ~ Population Reference Bureau
6) “A good deed done to an animal is as meritorious as a good deed done to a human being, while an act of cruelty to an animal is as bad as an act of cruelty to a human being.” ~ Prophet Mohammed.
7) All of our actions including our choice of food have karmic consequences.
8) “While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth? ” ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Watch this short video by PeTA for few more reasons…
You may also like: